At River Valley Dental we have always taken infection control very seriously and followed infection control recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA), and OSHA. But as we all adjust to this ‘new normal’ we will be increasing our efforts to ensure the office is clean to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Here are a few new precautions that you will notice upon at your next appointment:
• One hour prior to your appointment you will receive an email/text reminder that will ask you to wait in your vehicle and notify us via phone call or text that you have arrived. We will then let you know if we need you to continue to wait or if you are able to enter the office.
• Your temperature will be taken at the front desk and if you are 100 degrees F or higher, you will be asked to leave and your appointment must be rescheduled (14 days from when your fever is under 100 degrees F).
• You will be required to fill out an ADA COVID-19 questionnaire, along with updating your medical history.
• We are limiting the number of patients per day and staggering appointments to avoid overlap and crowding in the waiting room.
• We are requesting that patients come alone to their appointments, unless accompanying a minor.
• You are encouraged to wear a mask, bandanna, or scarf into the office until brought back into your treatment room. All team members will be wearing masks.
• We have removed our children’s books, puzzles, and magazine rack to help minimize contamination.
• We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the waiting room and will be very frequently be disinfecting door handles, counter tops, waiting room furniture, pens, iPads, etc.
Be aware that for the time being our hygienists are not using their Ultrasonic scalers and will be hand scaling to limit aerosols in the air.
As always, please feel free to reach out so we can answer any questions you may have, our patients safety has always been our number one priority!
by: Erin Cheney